Sunday, December 1, 2013

New Characters for a new Monday Game

Rusty Battleaxe had to bail Monteporte due to work commitments for two weeks. So we skipped last week and Chris of Clash of The Clash of Spear on Shield is stepping in with his first game of Ephemera.

Aside from the interesting background he is having us make up two characters. A primary and a backup in case ... well we all know what happens in classic editions. The rules are the fourth printing of the Swords and Wizardry Core rules with short set of house rules outlining the options he will be using. Since my primary is going to be Bo the Fighter the most interesting is the use of the Parry rule.

In the 1974 edition there is a rule you could opt to fight defensively and your opponent has a minus to hit based off of your Dex.

Here my characters Bo the Fighter and Egbert the Magic User. I geared up Bo as best as I could on 80 gp. I guess my luck ran out after I rolled the stats. For Egbert he has a 7 charisma. Since I roleplay Luven a thief with a 7 charisma I made Egbert my backup. However to give him a bit of edge on survival I used my starting money to hire some hirelings. Alfred the Torchbearers and John the Rotund my Man at Arms. If Egbert comes into play, he has ten days to find treasure before he runs out of gold to to pay John. Alfred is paid up for 30 days.

You can download the characters from here.

2 comments:

Chris C. said...

Good looking characters, Rob. Looking forward to tomorrow night's game with you guys.

Gothridge Manor said...

I'm working on mine now. Had one rolled up, but Bug ate him.